Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model.
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations with almost 100 people also support our Group entity Gamax AG in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
Our overall business has grown to now having c. €37.5 billion in assets under management.
When recruiting we are seeking persons who are creative and who want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
This position is part of the Finance Function which services the three Irish entities, Mediolanum International Funds Ltd, Mediolanum Asset Management Ltd and Mediolanum International Life dac. The Life Insurance entity will take up 50% of the role.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
Duties and responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
The Financial Planning and Analysis team is made up of three staff of which this role is the senior role. The duties of the role are outlined as follows:
- To manage the Financial Analysis & Planning Unit and ensure that all deadlines are met. This includes managing the two direct reports that are part of the team.
- To manage the preparation of Annual Budget and re-forecasts (twice yearly) along with the cost budget for the 3 entities for submission to Head Office and to the local Irish Boards.
- Perform analyses of the financial results of the three Companies and make a comparison with the budget and the forecasts during the course of the year. Prepare monthly reports, including ratio analysis and sensitivity analysis.
- To oversee Cost Centre reporting, including analysis against Budgets and Forecasts.
- To support the Head of Actuarial Function with his role with the Life Insurance Company, in particular with the ORSA, Solvency II regulatory reporting and in relation to new/existing products.
- To act as the key liaison person with Mediolanum Group who perform the actuarial calculations for Solvency II for the Life Insurance Company.
- To organise the completion of the Quarterly MI report to Group, including gathering the information, reviewing it and organising the commentary with the CFO.
- To attend various Product and Risk committees.
- To work close with the Investment Team/Product team to give them various Management Information.
- To produce profitability analysis for new and existing Life Insurance and Fund Products as requested by the Product teams.
- To respond to frequent requests for financial information from other Group entities, from our distributors and from other relevant counterparties.
- To undertake ad hoc projects as required by the CFO or Managing Directors.
- Aptitude for numerical analytical and mathematical subjects and knowledge of the financial services sector, particularly the Insurance Sector.
- Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
- Organised individual who can self manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues quickly.
- Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
- Display high attention to Detail in all aspects of work and relationship.
- Can establish him/herself as a Reliable Point of Contact for internal and external parties. Developing and managing relationships both internally and externally.
- Have excellent verbal, written and numeric skills.
- Italian language skills are essential.
- Should be very comfortable/high standard working on Excel. Experience with Qlik Sense and/or Cognos would be an advantage.
- Appropriate 3rd Level Degree (finance, economics, maths).
- At least 5 years’ experience in a similar environment in financial services is required with some team management experience an advantage.
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.